Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Counting My Blessings...

There's an old hymn that goes "Count your blessings, Name them one by one..." My grandma Marie used to love it, but she gave it her own twist, singing "Name them ton by ton." Grandma went to be with Jesus about six years ago, but to this day, I can't hear that song without thinking of her. It's only natural, with Thanksgiving coming in a few days, that I'd remember it now. I've got a lot to be thankful for. Here's just a partial list:


  • An awesome husband who's put up with me for almost 16 years now (to be fair, I've put up with him, too!)

  • An incredible teenage son who still enjoys spending time with his parents and is a real joy to be around,

  • Wonderfully supportive friends,

  • The realization of a dream in my first published book,

  • A completed first draft of my current project,

  • And most important, a God who loves me and showers me with all this and more on a daily basis.


How about you? What blessings can you name today? I pray that you and your loved ones have a wonderful Thanksgiving day filled with family, food and fun!

No comments: