Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dreaming with Megan DiMaria

Welcome, friends, to the first post in my Year of Dreams series. Today's offering is from talented fiction author Megan DiMaria. Enjoy!

Megan DiMaria PhotoI have always been a dreamer. When I was a young girl, I dreamed of being Glenda the good witch. Obviously that dream died when I matured, but truth be told, I still lust after her poufy dress and bubblemobile.

However, I’ve had a dream since I was a child that never faded with youth. It was the dream to someday become a published author. I have always loved to write, and since grammar school I’ve gotten positive reinforcement about my ability. I love words and enjoy stringing them together to enlighten or entertain others. I studied Communications in college and have worked as a radio and television reporter, freelance writer, and copywriter. So when I decided to write a novel, anyone who knew me was not surprised.

I believe that dreams propel us through life, giving us goals. Dreaming is fun, it sets possibilities before us. But if you’re serious about a dream, then you need to equip yourself to fulfill your desires. If it had been my dream to be a Supreme Court justice, then I would have needed to attend law school.

In my novel, Out of Her Hands, my character, Linda, has a dream of what her children’s lives will look like when they become adults. She hoped and prayed that they would follow her dream for their lives, but like real life, that stuff just doesn’t happen. Linda’s journey to come to terms with her children’s choices is at times painful and frustrating. I think it’s a journey all mothers must make, part of the process of letting go and launching your kids out of the nest.

Whatever your age, continue to follow your dreams. Whatever your dreams may be, bravely strive for them. Pursuing your dreams makes life interesting and keeps you growing. God bless!

ABOUT MEGAN

PhotobucketSearching for Spice, Megan’s debut novel about a long-married woman who wants to have an affair—with her husband, released in April 2008. Her second novel, Out of Her Hands, released in October 2008. Out of Her Hands is about taking life as it comes at you with all the surprises and challenges you face with your young adult children.

Megan and her husband live in suburban Denver near their adult children. They often travel back to their roots in Long Island, NY to visit family and get their fill of delicious Italian food.

WIN THE BOOK

If your dream is to win an awesome novel, here's your chance! To be entered to win a copy of Out of Her Hands just leave a reply to this blog. I’ll pick a winner at random on November 26th. Please leave an email address so I can contact you if you're the winner. (To prevent spammers from trolling for your email, please use this format with the brackets--you [at] yourmail [dot] com--or something similar.) Good luck and keep on dreaming!

13 comments:

Toia said...

Great title for a series. And great first choice. Here's my email address.... designers_original4life[at]hotmail[dot]com

Karin said...

Enter me please---thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about this series!
please enter me!
since i'm not leaving an email I promise i'll check back to see if win!

windycindy said...

I can so identify with this book's story line. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

traveler said...

Thanks for featuring this lovely book. It interests me greatly.
saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

Jennifer AlLee said...

Hey All,

Great to see you here. I read Out of Her Hands and it is a really great book. You're going to love it!

Jo said...

I have been wanting to read Megan DiMaria's books so would love to be entered in the drawing.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol.com

Anonymous said...

This is a great book. So real, too. Megan, you're a great writer and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!

sheriboeyink[at]cox[got]net.

If I win, I'll give it away as a Christmas gift to spread the word for you.

Donna said...

Please enter me!! I would love to read Megan's new novel!
runninmama[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

tetewa said...

I'd like to be included! tWarner419@aol.com

Carolynn said...

Please enter me, I would love to win! Thanks!
carolynnwald{at}hotmail[dot]com

Pamela J said...

My husband and I together are reading the first book in this series. We'd love to read this next one. We can't always find our schedules meet so we can sit down together so it has taken us longer to read than either of us likes. We take it to town with us and read to each other going down the road as well as at least a chapter most mornings after breakfast if there's time. Thanks for entering me.
Pam W
cepjwms at yahoo dot com

Jennifer AlLee said...

And the winner is... Pam W!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and left a comment!