Saturday, August 8, 2009

Share Your Knowledge and Get Paid for It


I know that title kind of sounds like an informercial. In a way, I guess that's what this post is. But I was pretty jazzed to find out about an online source for my writing that actually pays money. And since the only reason I know about it is because of the other writers I know who shared the information, I thought I'd return the favor.

Examiner.com is sort of like an online newspaper. People write about subjects in their areas of expertise and are grouped based on their geographic location. For example, I am both the Las Vegas Writing Examiner and the Las Vegas Pop Culture Examiner.

Do you know everything there is to know about the great outdoors? Are you an expert in your professional field? Are you the one all your friends call if they miss an episode of LOST? Do you want to share your political observations with the world? Examiner may be a good venue for you.

You're probably wondering the big question: how much do I get paid? It's not going to sound like much... a little less than a penny per click. But it adds up. I made about $40 the first month, and I expect to more than double that this month. The key is finding ways to let people know your articles are out there.

If it sounds interesting, there's an application process which you can check out here. If you decide to apply, I'd appreciate it if you'd use me as a referral. And yes, I do get a referral bonus. At the bottom of the application is a box to Find Your Examiner. Click there and find me either by my name or Examiner title. Here's a video about the process.

If you've got any questions, drop me a line. Happy job hunting!

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

Thanks for the info on this. I've seen the Examiner on job boards and just thought it was one of those write for free things. I'll have to check it out. Blessings for your day! :)