Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Take a trip back to the seventies with Leonard Nimoy & Bilbo Baggins

I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on this video on YouTube. My mother owned this album, and I remember listening to it a lot as a kid. But who knew there was a video?

Granted, the image quality is pretty bad and the whole thing is maximum cheese. You can't help wondering, "What was he thinking?" But you also can't beat if for nostalgia!

I now give you Leonard Nimoy singing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins."


2 comments:

Niki Turner said...

Oh. My. Word. Do you suppose Mr. Spock cringes in horror over this? I would. Just because of the white pants and the haircut.
Now to find a way to replace sing-songy "Bilbo... Bilbo" with some other tune in my head.
Too funny, Jen.

Jennifer AlLee said...

Niki, this was from a record titled "The Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy." Side one had more Spock-like songs. Side two had Leonard-type songs, among them Bilbo, Gentle on My Mind, and If I Was A Carpenter and You Were A Lady.
I kid you not.
This is the kind of thing I grew up listening to above the mortuary!