Monday, February 15, 2010

What I Did Last Tuesday - A Lovely Tea at Our Savior Lutheran

I had the great honor of speaking at a Valentine's Tea last Tuesday. What made it really special wasn't just the 160-or-so fabulous, God-loving ladies.

Here are some of them... don't they look happy?


It wasn't just the beautifully decorated tables, each uniquely done by a table hostess.

Here's Annette Wilson, awaiting her guests


It wasn't just the amazing deserts we were served.

Check out those tarts!




No, what made this really special is that Our Savior Lutheran is my old home church. This is where I was a church secretary, sang in the choir, served in the drama ministry, and was a founding committee member of LoveFest (an awesome annual event that examines sexuality from God's point of view). I have great memories of countless potlucks, rummage sales, youth events, Christmas programs, and Easter Sunrise services. Going to Our Savior is a little like going to a family reunion... only better.

A big THANK YOU to the LWML board for inviting me to speak and taking such good care of me. I had a fabulous time. All you ladies are in my prayers. May God continue to bless you as you minister for Him!

2 comments:

Lisa Karon Richardson said...

Looks like a great time was had by all, Jen!! Congrats on the book launch. And so glad you got your books in time.

Jennifer AlLee said...

Thanks, Lisa. Thanks to the help of an awesome customer service reps, my books got to me with a few days to spare :+}