Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going

I promised I was going to share what's been going on with me and why I was away from the blog for awhile. Here we go...

First off, I got distracted by life. There were lots of writing commitments and then my mom came out for a one week visit. We had lots of fun, but the blog fell by the wayside. Which just proved to me that I have to pre-schedule more stuff.

Last week I was gone for health reasons. After waking up in the middle of the night with heart palpitations and a numb left arm, I went to the emergency room and was then admitted to the hospital for tests. The good news is that the doctors found nothing wrong with my heart. More good news is that I was given a new medication which has brought my heart rate and blood pressure into normal parameters and I've felt great this last week.

Looking back now, I probably wasn't in any danger of dying. But at the time, I felt like I was. That kind of scare makes you do a lot of thinking. About the things you still want to do. And about what you're willing to give up to stay healthy. I realized that eating everything I want is less important than being healthy and alive. So I've completely revamped my lifestyle. I've pretty much said goodbye to caffeine, salt, and fat. I've embraced fruits and veggies. And I'm slowly working exercise into my list of things to do.

From a career standpoint, I'm working hard to stay on task and not get stressed out about things I have no control over. I'm making good progress writing the new book, and I just launched a new blog for women in ministry (more on that tomorrow).

God has blessed me with a great life, and I'm going to live it to the fullest!


How about you? Have you ever had this kind of life changing, epiphany moment? What did you change? Did it stick? 

No comments: